- Methi Pulao
Iron Rich Tomato Methi Pulao
Tomatoes- 3 (chopped), Methi (fenugreek leaves)- 3 cups (chopped) ,Brown rice- 3 cups (cooked) ,Onion paste- 1/4 cup, Garlic paste- 2tsp, Green chillies- 2 (slit), Turmeric powder- 1tsp ,Red chilli powder- 1tsp ,Jeera (cumin) powder- 1tsp, Dhaniya (coriander) powder- 1tsp ,Salt- as per taste, Jeera seeds- 1tsp ,Bay leaf- 1 ,Cinnamon- 1 stick, Cloves- 2-3 ,Green cardamoms- 2 ,Oil- 2tbsp .
1. Heat oil in a pan and add jeera seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves and saute for a minute.
2. Add green chillies, onion paste, garlic paste and saute for 4-5 minutes.
3. Then, add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, jeera powder, dhaniya powder and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
4. Now, add the methi leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add salt and mix well. Allow the methi leaves to cook properly.
6. Then add the cooked brown rice and mix gently. Check the seasoning and adjust it accordingly.
7. Once done, switch off the flame and serve. Tasty and healthy iron rich tomato methi pulao is ready to be served.
8. Serve this healthy meal with curd or curry of your choice.
9. Nutrition Value The methi leaves are laden with iron. When cooked with the vitamin C enriched tomatoes, this recipe becomes all the more healthy.
10. It is perfect recipe for weight watchers, diabetics and people with high cholesterol.
Tip To soften the rice grains a little and to reduce the cooking time, brown rice should be soaked prior to cooking. Soak the rice for an hour or two. Drain the water and use as required.